Saturday, September 03, 2005

Here's what went into my FreeBSD wiki today:

03/09/2005 - First versions of the snmp client tools (snmpget, snmpset and snmpwalk) have been checked into the Perforce code repository. There's a lot more work to be done though :

  • Finish snmp client tools implementations (adding a daemon receiving traps will be nice here, but that might have to wait until some other work gets done)

  • Ethernet MIB - see what's wrong with the drivers actually deliver the statistics is and add what's new in the latest EtherLike-MIB RFC

  • IPFilter module


Adding some more comments here :)

  • snmp client tools

  • I' not happy at all with what I've done so far :-( I need to implement code parsing object names into OIDs from def files (ASAP) - these should include also include fetching the objects' syntaxes and MAX-ACCESS ( Read-only/Read-Write) - more error checking will be added then - one thing I've been wondering about here - I tried playing with net-snmp's snmpset and it requires that you provide the object syntax (also tried looking at the code - will have to check that again)- if I'll be parsing the def's file to fetch the OID from an object name, can't I simply fetch the syntax as well?!?

  • Ethernet MIB
  • I'm dying to have a deeper look at the interface drivers' :) I wanted to do this for my SoC project but I probably got scared since I had no idea what I could go into - also I need to go shopping - I need at least one more machine - my notebook is no good for testing network traffic at all (borowing my friends' machines is no good either) :-( I wish Google's initial funding had really been 'initial' - I'm actually not expecting to see any cash untill late October :-(


Mentioning exams - I'm figthing DrScheme now (Scheme exam is 5th September) and then some horrible Maths that I have no idea how to translate in English (exam is 13th)

No comments: