Friday, September 02, 2005

I need to get some sleep very badly but this is worth seeing (btw: most recently used words in the google-summer-accepted ot -whatever-that-was-maling list - TAXES and FORMS ;) )
FAQ:
Q) When do I get paid

A) Three things must happen before I can pass on the invoice to
accounting:

1) You must fill out the above form.
2) Your mentor must fill out a similar form about you.
3) Your mentors form must authorize paying you.

Then we collate the date (which will take a bit of time) get the
payments signed off and passed on to accounting.

Q) What if my mentor says not to pay me.

A) Then you won't get paid.

Q) What if I disagree with my mentor?

A) Email me and we'll see what's up. Do not email
me if you have no code.

Q) What if my mentor says no, do I still get the initial $500? Where
is the $500 anyway?

A) Yes you do, and teh 500$ is in process for those -not- waiting for
the itin. You get the $500 regardless of your ability to suceed in the
program, consider it an application award.

Q) There is some accounting issue with my payment, who do I contact.

A) Me and Natalie Woo.

Q) My house was just washed away by Katarina, or some other awful,
human, thing has happened, can I have two more days to finish?

A) Email me and your mentor. I'll defer to your mentor.

Q) What about the t-shirt?

A) The shirt will come from a different fulfillemnt house, so you may
get it before or after your payment. It's a pretty bitchen shirt.

Q) Do mentors get the shirt too?

A) Yep!

Q) What's with all the questions?

A) You got a problem with it?

Q) Will Accpeted be removed at the end of the program?

A) No, you'll notice that the title is postfixed with 2005-nh, meaning
2005 northern hemisphere, leaving us the ability to run one in the
winter or next year....or both. Lets see how it goes.

Q) Will I get an email confirmation when i submit the form?

A) Not immediately! You will, however, recieve confirmation once
Natalie puts your data into the system we've duct taped together.

Q) Gosh, I hope you guys have a better system than this next time.

A) Jensen's been speccing it out. Should we do it, the software will
be quite neat and much, much, much better for us all.

Q) I have a question not on the list.

A) Post it into Accepted.

No comments: